In this article, we’re going to share the quick recipe of Wai Wai Noodles.
What is Wai Wai Noodles?
Plainly, Wai Wai Noodles is a simple dish to cook when you’re eager and need something in fast.
Trust me it will be the most delicious noodles you’ll ever discover.
Similarly, noodles is essentially a kind of sustenance that is produced using batter, while chow-mein is a dish made with noodles.
As a matter of fact, chow mein is authored from two words in the Chinese language ‘chow’ which means fricasseed, and ‘mein’ alludes to noodles.
For instance, all chow-mein are noodles, yet all noodles are not chow-mein.
Types of Noodles
There so many types of noodles viz-a-viz but we are considering Wai Wai Noodles only today.
• Egg noodles
• Ramen noodles
• Udon noodles
• Soba noodles
• Rice stick noodles
• Hokkien noodles
• Shirataki noodles
To clarify, the cooking procedure of all the listed noodles above is the same. The cooking of noodles is very simple and easy and takes only 10-15 mins.
Therefore, today I’m going to share Wai-Wai chowmein noodles recipe.
Certainly, it took just 10 mins for me to cook, as I made a basic and simple one but nothing can beat the taste of it.
Nevertheless, trust me it’s taste was unimaginable.
To summarize, you can cook your chowmein with your favoured noodles in any manner.
In other words, there is no particular style condition of cutting fixings like tomato, chillies, onion, garlic.
For instance, I just used green chilli, red chilli powder, tomato, onion garlic, coriander and have cut them into pieces and started making the recipe.
How to make Wai Wai Noodles (With Images)
Step 1: Cut the tomato, onion, garlic chillies into pieces as shown.
Step 2: Boil the water and add Wai-Wai and cook it for 2 min. Don’t cook more than 2 mins, if you overcook it will be difficult for you to make chow-mein.
Step 3 & 4: Add 1 tablespoon of oil in the noodles and leave it in the strainer till all the water comes out of it. Adding oil in it will stop the clumping of noodles.
Step 5: Now heat the oil and fry tomato, onion, garlic and green chilli.
Step 6: Once they turned into brownish in colour add a 2-3 slice of cheese and 1 tsp of chilli powder, 2 packets of tastemaker and salt to taste. Stir them time again otherwise, they will stick and get burnt.
Step 7: Add the boiled noodles in it. Mix it well and add some coriander in the end.
Step 8: Serve it in the bowl and enjoy the slurp.
You can use some vegetables like capsicum, carrot, cabbages etc and use Soya Sauce for the staple condiment and for the colour of the noodles.
Certain people use Ajinomoto for more taste, especially in restaurants. I would recommend staying free from Ajinomoto as it is not good for your health.
Also, there are distinctive style and state of cutting ingredients like tomato, chillies, onion, garlic, capsicum, carrot and cabbage.
A part of people cut them in a circular shape, some cut in sliced form and some cut in a longitudinal way. To clarify, I have cut them into pieces.
In conclusion, follow the recipe video or you can print it down from below,
Quick Recipe of Wai Wai Noodles
- 3 packets of Wai-Wai
- 1 tomato cut in pieces
- 1 onion cut in pieces
- 5-6 garlic cut into pieces
- 3-4 green chillies
- 1 tbsp of grind red chilli
- 3½ cups of water
- 3-4 tbsp of oil any cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp of Soya Sauce
- 1 capsicum (optional)
- 1/2 of carrot(optional)
- A little bit of cabbage (optional)
- Cut the tomato, onion, garlic chillies into pieces as shown.
- Boil the water and add Wai-Wai and cook it for 2 min. Don’t cook more than 2 mins, if you overcook it will be difficult for you to make chow-mein.
- Drain water immediately from the noodle and cool it under running water till noodles are thoroughly cooled.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil in the noodles and leave it in the strainer till all the water comes out of it. Adding oil in it will stop the clumping of noodles.
- Now heat the oil and fry tomato, onion, garlic and green chilli.
- Once they turned into brownish in colour add a 2-3 slice of cheese and 1 tsp of chilli powder, 2 packets of tastemaker and salt to taste. Stir them time again otherwise, they will stick and get burnt.
- After adding cheese & chilli powder fry it for 1-2 mins and add boiled noodles and stir them thoroughly. Don’t forget to keep the flame in low. The high and medium flame will lead to burnt chow-mein.
- Turn off the flame and add coriander to garnish.
- Serve it in the bowl and enjoy the slurp.
Above all, don’t forget to share it with your friends and please press the like button, it gives us the motivation to work more hard often! Thanks.
Check out our other articles on some wonderful dishes:
- How to make Ema Datshi | Bhutanese National Food
- How to make Kewa Datshi
- How to make Shamu Datshi Recipe