In this article, I’ll be sharing you all the recipe of Koka Noodles with cheese and eggs.
What is Koka Noodle?
Koka is instant noodles product, manufactured by Tat Hui Foods Pte Ltd- a company founded in Singapore in 1986.
They are sold within Singapore, exported to markets across Asia, the United States, Europe, the Middle East, Oceania and Africa.
Koka Noodles comes in two categories, i.e. veg and non-veg Koka noodle both comes as packets or cup noodles.
Both the noodles are available in varieties of flavours.
For non-veg, there are flavours like Chicken, Seafood, Beef etc likewise, tomato, corn, mushroom and vegetable flavour for Veg Koka Noodles.
Overall above chicken and vegetable flavour Koka Noodles are known by many people especially in our country Bhutan.
Both give different good taste in such a way that you don’t have to try other flavours.
Veg and Non-Veg Koka
Whether it be Veg or Non-Veg Koka the packaging style is the same, it consists of Noodles, seasoning powder (taste enhancer) and flavouring oil.
Like all other noodles, Koka noodles is also same just its quantity is little more than the usual packet of Maggi and Wai-Wai noodles.
Likewise, its taste enhancer which is in soup base gives strong tasty taste and also it’s salty.
So, it doesn’t require extra salt while cooking the plan Koka noodles.
Whereas if you add more ingredients like vegetables while cooking then season with more salt if necessary.
Coming to its flavouring oil, its flavouring oil is a way spicer than other noodles’ flavouring oil.
So, my advice is don’t put whole flavouring oil into the soup if you are a non-spicy eater.
But if you are a spicy lover you can add whole flavouring oil plus add extra green chilli or chilli powder.
So today’s article is especially to those who are looking for easy-peasy authentic food recipes.
Koka Noodles Recipe Methods
Unlike some noodles, Koka can be eaten raw as well.
The Koka Noodles Recipe or the cooking methods depend upon one’s creativity. It can be eaten or cooked in so many ways such as:
- Shallow frying
- With any soup
And so many other ways, it has no limit.
And it goes with any ingredients. Think of any vegetables or non-veg, it goes well with Koka.
Just mix the Koka noodles with any ingredients and the taste will just get better and better.
Koka is every time go-to food when you have limited time, feel dan lazy to cook but at the same time your mind and stomach demand for the tasty and satisfying food.
Instant Koka Noodles Recipe (With Video)
- 1 packet Koka Noodles Seasoning and Flavour Enhancer (inside)
- ½ tomato
- ½ onion
- 2 spring onion medium
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 eggs
- red chilli powder as per your taste
- 1½ cup water
- 1 slice cheese
- Dice the onion and tomato also chop spring onions.
- Heat the oil in a pot or saucepan or skillet.
- Once the oil is heated well, add diced tomatoes and onions.
- Sauté until light brown.
- Now add eggs and again fry for 3-4 mins.
- Add chopped spring onions and sauté for 1-2 mins.
- Add red chilli powder and fry for 1-2 mins.
- Add 1 ½ cup water and bring it to the boil.
- Add soup base and flavouring oil.
- Break the noodles into four pieces and add into the boiling soup.
- Add cheese boil it for 2-3 mins and give a thorough mix.
- Season with fresh coriander but it’s optional.
- Serve it immediately, make your belly full and delightful.
Check out our other articles as well:
- Bhutanese Ema Datshi Recipe
- Kewa Datshi Recipe | The Easiest Way
- Gondo Datshi Recipe
- How to make Tibetan Tea at home