What is Kewa Datshi?
Kewa Datshi is one of the famous dishes in Bhutanese cuisine. “Kewa” means “potato” and “Datshi” means “cheese”. This dish is easy to prepare, requires very few ingredients and is delightfully tasty.
So basically it’s a vegetarian cheese stew with potato in it.
Unlike Ema Datshi, it is less spicy and one in every of my favourite item that goes together with my meals.
We discover cheese in each cookery within the Bhutanese dish and it’s one of the key ingredients that conjure the Bhutanese dish thus particular in its own method.Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more amazing recipes. Your one subscriptions gives me enough confidence to grow.
I’m proud of that distinctive dish that we tend to Bhutanese prepare.
It’s same that Bhutanese use an excessive amount of oil, which can result in complications however it never happened.
We tend to the Bhutanese are victimization those recipes unbroken by our Forefathers.
Well, the dish is simple and easy to make.
How it is made?
The recipe of the dish is simple and easy. The overall process of making it includes 3 main steps.
Follow the video below if you want to know the recipe:
Print the recipe of Kewa Datshi if you want to:
Kewa Datsi | Cheese and Potato Recipe
- 3 potatoes
- 5-6 chillies (use chillies according to your taste buds)
- 1 onion
- 1/2 tomato
- 2-3 onion leaves( optional)
- 2-3 garlic leaves(optional)
- 3-4 crushed/sliced garlic
- Salt to taste
- 2 slices of American cheese
- 2 1/2 cup (medium) of water
- Cut the potatoes into slices as shown.
- Also cut the tomato, garlic and onion into thin slices.
- Now put them together in a pot and also add water and oil.
- Cover the pot with its lid and cook until potatoes are half cooked. Keep flame high. Meantime, you can cut green chillies into slices.
- After cooking potatoes into half boil, give a quick mix then add green chillies, cheeses and salt cover back without mixing them up.
- Again cook for 2-3 mins or until cheeses are melted well. Turn off the flame and let them set for 1-2 minutes.
- Finally, give a good mix and garish it with coriander if your heart desires. Hehe …
- Serve it with Rice for the prime flavour.
- Also, you can try it with Roti and Puri.