What is Kewa Datshi?
Kewa Datshi is one of the famous dishes in Bhutanese cuisine. “Kewa” means “potato” and “Datshi” means “cheese”. This dish is easy to prepare, requires very few ingredients and is delightfully tasty.
So basically it’s a vegetarian cheese stew with potato in it.
Unlike Ema Datshi, it is less spicy and one in every of my favourite item that goes together with my meals.
We discover cheese in each cookery within the Bhutanese dish and it’s one of the key ingredients that conjure the Bhutanese dish thus particular in its own method.
I’m proud of that distinctive dish that we tend to Bhutanese prepare.
It’s same that Bhutanese use an excessive amount of oil, which can result in complications however it never happened.
We tend to the Bhutanese are victimization those recipes unbroken by our Forefathers.
Well, the dish is simple and easy to make.
How it is made?
The recipe of the dish is simple and easy. The overall process of making it includes 3 main steps.
Follow the video below if you want to know the recipe:
Print the recipe of Kewa Datshi if you want to:
Kewa Datsi | Cheese and Potato Recipe
- 3 potatoes thin sliced
- 5-6 chillies sliced (use chillies according to your taste buds)
- 1 onion sliced
- 1/2 tomato sliced
- 2-3 onion leaves( optional)
- 2-3 garlic leaves(optional)
- 3-4 crushed/sliced garlic
- Salt to taste
- 2 slices of American cheese
- 2 cups (medium) of water
- Cut the potatoes into thin slices as shown.
- Also cut the tomato, garlic, tomato and chillies into thin slices.
- Put the sliced potatoes, tomato, onion, sliced garlic and water in the pot. Also, pour some amount of oil in it.
- Turn on the flame and place above stated mixture on the stove.
- Cover the pot and boil it on medium flame.
- At last, when the curry is almost cooked add sections of green chilli, slices of cheese and salt.
- Cook for 2-3 mins., stir gently throughout, check the salt as per your taste.
- Garnish it with Coriander leaves and your Kewa Datsi is ready.
- Serve it with Rice for the prime flavour.
- Also, you can try it with Roti and Puri.